One of Cleveland State Bank’s core values is Commitment to Communities. Along with giving back, we are also honoring one of our very own, Charlie Kolb, for his 50 years in banking by offering a scholarship in his name to the communities we serve. The following school districts will be given the opportunity to apply – Sheboygan, Howards Grove, Elkhart Lake and Kiel. There will also be one additional scholarship offered to a high school student or first time college attendee, regardless of school district or home school, that has a client relationship with Cleveland State Bank.
Required application contents:
- Application must be fully completed and signed
- A short, one page essay describing the lessons you learned from your community involvement, and how you hope to be an engaged member and participant of your community in the future.
- A complete transcript of high school credits or college credits to date
- Two written recommendations a. one from principal, teacher or guidance counselor b. one from employer, clergy, or other community leader
- Applications are due by April 1, 2022. Late and/or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
Payment of the $2,000 scholarship will be made when Cleveland State Bank is notified that the student, to whom the scholarship has been awarded, has completed their first semester in an accredited school, with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, and completed second semester registration.