Loan Servicing Representative
Category: Full-time (40 hours)
- To book new money, renewals, modifications (consumer and commercial) along with scanning those files to our Core system.
- Assist in the servicing of loans closed with daily duties necessary to operate an effective and efficient department with quick client service, compliance with regulations, and sound balancing/control functions.
- Responsible for accurate and timely booking of loans to the Bank’s Core system for new, renewed or modified loans.
- Processing paid off loans on a timely basis and determine documents and procedures required to release recorded collateral instruments, prepares required documents and/or signatures for lien release, records with proper agency and/or mails paid documents to customer.
- To add and remove liens from vehicles
- Scanning loan files to our core system accurately and timely after all file reviews have taken place.
- Perform system maintenance requests to update client loan information as submitted by other lending personnel.
- Answer questions of lenders and clients regarding existing loans on the system.
- Assist in maintaining the file of information for new customers to assure compliance with the Customer Information Policy (CIP).
- Assist in maintaining balancing functions of internal accounts for loan operations in a rotating schedule.
- Prepare and process loan department and general ledger entries for loan transactions. This is a daily review of reports, fixing or applying payments as needed and trouble-shooting any questions.
- Assist in maintaining an organized loan file vault by following bank’s procedures for filing documents timely and orderly.
- Provides backup coverage for all other loan servicing functions as needed to accommodate shifts in workflow, deadlines and temporary staff changes.
- The position is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of servicing loans, and is expected to provide leadership and support to other staff members.
- Promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Bank policy, specifically lending policy, laws and regulations, and procedures pertinent to the lending function.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in problem identification, analysis, research, resolution and utilization of resources to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing work priorities, organizing work and meeting deadlines. Capable of working under time constraints and handling a variety of duties.
- Detailed loan documentation knowledge.
- Skill in performing daily tasks and achieving objectives while working under minimum supervision.
- Technical knowledge and proficient utilization of the following computer systems and software programs:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Jack Henry Core
- Compliance One Lending
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year of general loan experience with a knowledge of loan documentation.
- Able to work within a group setting
Must be knowledgeable & follow procedures to maintain compliance with (but not limited to) the following regulations:
- BSA – Bank Secrecy Act
- All lending related regulations
Use of the personal computer systems and scanning equipment on a daily basis, light lifting up to 40 pounds, and usually sitting at a desk. Some auto travel may be necessary to other branches for assistance with file organization and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made if needed to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Cleveland State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com